Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Help-the-Homeless Walkathon" by Amy Warren


L
ast Saturday, more than 30 GW MBA students took part in the 22nd Annual Fannie Mae Help-the-Homeless Walkathon in Washington, DC. GW was walking specifically for
Miriam's Kitchen, an organization that provides nutritious meals and support to homeless people in the DC area.

The day didn't start well. I woke up with a cramp in my leg (great timing!), but I didn't want that to stop me from participating. It was a 3-mile walk and I really started to feel it in my leg around the 2-mile mark. Still - I finished and I don't regret doing it! We raised more than $1,000 for Miriam's Kitchen.


It was a beautiful day for a walk. We started and finished on the National Mall, passing the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument along the way. Our program is so intense that it's easy to forget I live in the U.S. capital - ironically, I had more time for it as a tourist. In addition to being a great cause, the walkathon was a reminder of why I love living in DC.

Here are some of the photo highlights:















Amy Warren, Global MBA 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment